Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cora's check

I hesitated to write before this post, for this I apologize for the days that have past since the last posting, I hesitated because I wanted to wait until the next weight check for Cora.

I continue to walk in faith and sometimes still find myself holding my breath as I watch all the progress Cora has made in the last three weeks.  Has it only been three weeks?  Yes, I counted it and it has been only three weeks since the new part of Cora's journey started.

Cora, at her weight check today, showed another weight gain of 4 ounces in the last week.  That means in the past three weeks she has gained a total of 1 lb and 2 ounces.  I know, pick your jaw up off the floor!  I had too when I saw the scale and the numbers today!!

Cora can sit on her booty while you put a jacket on her.  She can sit on her booty, reach for toys, look around, point to things and still keep her balance.  If she starts losing her balance she will put her arm out to try and catch herself.  There are still little crashes now and then if my reflexes are not fast enough , but for the most part, Cora will sit in a sittting position for a great length of time.  It is absolutely beautiful to watch her.

She continues to sign more fluently and often without a prior prompting from me and grows more interactive with everyone around her.  Her eyes are getting bluer and her hair has completely grown back where it was rubbed off.  Gone is the baby girl who quietly watched the world around her!

Since adding the Reliv to her daily routine, Cora's quantity of food has not increased, it is the quality of food that has increased.  I am sure that there are parts of the Down syndrome that effects the body that even medical science cannot understand or even recognize yet.  For whateveer reason, the Reliv enables her to gain the nutrients she needs and therefore, she is no longer failing.  She continues to thrive in many aspects of her life.

I really don't care to analize the why's or how's of it all working for Cora.  I am just so happy to have her thriving and blooming like the rose of  life that she embodies.  For me, answered prayer is my reason for her thriving.  That and the willingness to be open to how the answer was given, even if it came in a powder form, in a nutritional product, in a can.


Cora practicing her "put in"  and "take out"


No comments:

Post a Comment