Monday, July 2, 2012

Its Cora time....

I was singing the title of this post to that old song "Hammer time" and doing the hammer dance that the singer did on the video.  I know, silly but true. And yes, if you know what song I am talking about you are probably also a fan of many other 80's songs.  But I digress yet again. heehee.

  The past few weeks I have noticed that with Cora's increased interaction, muscle strength, stamina (no more taking a break and panting to catch her breath while playing) the whole household has become livelier.  Everyone around her comments endlessly on the difference in Cora's look, skin color, health, interaction and signing.  Cora is loving this new enthusiastic praise and claps her hands and smiles and points and babbles to the onlooker.  Instead of being greeted with empty smiles that scream sympathy at Cora's struggle, she is now being greeted with heartfelt laughter and smiles of gratefulness.

I guess when you are in the middle of a stressful situation, one that seems hopeless and when you are just managing from day to day, you don't realize how the laughter is the first thing to start to disappear.  Many of Cora's supporters and extended family were even approaching with a smile on their face and the saddness to their energy.  There wasn't much laughter from any of us up until a month ago.  I understood this and I still understand it.  I just didn't realize how much were weren't laughing.

I am happy to report that the laughter in this house is increasing, the interaction from Cora is growing in  leaps and bounds and we are finding that Cora is a real giggle bunny once you get her going.  Sing and dance along with me if you will,  "Its Cora time!"  and while you sing that imagine a little 15 month old girly giggling laughter being added to your silliness, because that's how Cora sings along.  She sits on her booty, does the "hammer time" jiggle and claps her hands for more.

That my friends, is life at its finest.


No comments:

Post a Comment