Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cora adds a special recipe

I have spent the last weeks in looking and listening for an answer to Cora's weight issue.  You can only feed a baby so much food, and Cora is definitely willing to eat, but to have it give the nutritional value that is needed is the trick.

For Cora, with Down syndrome, how am I to know what her body natural lacks due to that extra chromosome on the 21st pair?  Does it make it more difficult for her body to absorbs the nutrient she needs?

With this in mind, Dr Statler introduced me to woman that works for herself and has a product that is all natural.  This woman told me about the product and how much it has helped other children with failure to thrive, attention disorders, skin problems, etc.  I thought it was to good to be true, yet I stayed open minded and listened to other parents she connected me with.  They all told of the same results.  Within a few months there children were doing better and thriving.  Some of  these parents were seeing results within at little as two weeks.  Cora now has this product mixed into her milk two times a day. I feel safe giving this product to Cora and we have Dr. Statler's approval.

A miracle cure...no.  A simple explanation....probably.  But the results are in and time after time the children and grownups feel better and experience better health.  This marks a new chapter in Cora's life and a slight veer to the road our journey has been traveling on. 

Back to the beginning of this blog.  I have spent the last few weeks praying, looking and listening and staying open to ideas for Cora's weight gain and health.  I think it is no coincidence that at a time when I felt at my lowest and at a complete loss for how to help Cora that I was given the answer for her. With continued faith I travel down this new path with my hand holding tight to Cora's.  I think her hand might be getting a little pudgier.....

No comments:

Post a Comment