Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Starting to thrive!

Well my fellow blog followers, its only good news that I have today.  What a blessing that is, right?

Cora drinks her Reliv shakes twice a day.  I usually mix it in with her cereal and fruits or veggies and she gobbles it right up.  Loves the taste of it whether its in her milk or her food.  Such a blessing to have been given the gift of this product.  Being that it is a food product and a natural one at that, it is safe for her to eat, and eat it she does!

We haven't been to the clinic for this weeks weight check yet, but I can tell she is still gaining weight.  Cora is much more solid when you lift her up and her muscle control is increasing as well.  The easiest way to share our good news is to tell you what she has accomplished in the past two weeks since starting her Reliv products.

She can now - Interact and play with lots of laughter and jabbering (on a much grander scale than she was before).  Cora can sit unassisted for at least 5 minutes...able to catch herself before she topples to the side and balance herself on her little booty!  Before she was only able to sit for maybe 30 seconds.
When she is sitting she will reach and play with toys.  When she drops a toy instead of acting like it doesn't exist she will hunt for it and ask for help if she can't find it.  She is signing more words and communicating on a broader level.  Cora would sit in my lap for 1 - 2 hours without really wanting down, or wanting to play, or be active.  She now sits in my lap for about ten minutes and is launching herself toward whatever has caught her attention.  There are so many things that I could share but I think it would fill too many blog pages for this post, so I will share a story with you instead. 

It goes like this:

When we were in the grocery store the other day and I had Cora in her stroller and the older girls were with me. I stopped to get a box of cereal and turned to put it into the grocery buggy that Cora's older sisters were pushing for me.  All of a sudden the girls started laughing and clapping and I looked at them surprised.  Then I looked around and in the stroller with Cora were two boxes of cereal!!  This was the first time that Cora had ever been strong enough to sit up in her stroller, hold herself there and grab boxes off the shelf.  I started clapping and we all three were cheering her on!  Such a wonderful thing, a child grabbing boxes of cereal off a grocery store shelf.  Most parents would find this physical act annoying, but it found us cheering for a repeat performance!!

There are so many things that Cora is doing now that she couldn't before.  Its all because of adding these two products to her life. I hold on to the hope that the "failure to thrive" is a distant sorrow and a distant struggle for Cora.  Because instead of struggling to survive...Cora is now starting to thrive. 

We should all be that fortunate in our lives.  To be able to stop surviving and start thriving in all aspects of our life.  For Cora, its a definite blessing to be actively participating in this life lesson.





 finally a semi-still Cora!  Quick, take the picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment