Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cora's first haircut

In all of my reading about Down syndrome, it is often mentioned that sometimes the children have a difficult time with haircuts and brushing teeth.  I figure, what you start in their infancy holds true through adulthood.  So, with that thinking, if I set the routine up now for Cora getting haircuts and keep rubbing her gums like I am brushing teeth, then it will remain a part of her everyday life routine.

With that in mind I talked with Johanna at the JC Penney hair salon (she is my absolute go to person for my hair) and we decided to start Cora now with the hair salon experience.  Today marks another milestone for Cora.  Cora got her first hair cut in a hair salon.  It was fun to watch Cora.  She sat beautifully and didn't fuss at all.....but her head swiveled around like an owl's when she was trying to keep track of Johanna and see the scissors and her eyes were big as saucers. 

She kept looking to see if I was OK with what was going on and everytime I signed "Good Job".  Then she would keep looking at GG (grandma was taking the pics for me) to see if she was worried, and my mom would tell her "Your such a big girl." She didn't fuss but she was ready to go when we were done...because when I signed "all done" she started bouncing on my lap to get going!  haha.

 It was all good today at the JC Penney hair salon...and the beautiful miss Cora shines on!!

 Are you sure it's OK , GG?

What's that?

What are you doing back there?



 Beautiful girl!  First hair cut..

No comments:

Post a Comment