Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cora gains momentum

Traveled to Charlevoix, Mi. yesterday morning with Cora.  It was time to visit Dr. Statler again and see how the little button is doing.  Cora arrived with smiles for everyone and was so full of energy.  She was ripping the paper on the exam table, flipping back and forth, turning this way and that, rotating with leg and tummy pushes and even got up on her knees one time to show off.

Cora is always so full of happiness when she sees Dr. Statler and today was no different.  What Cora and I didn't know was that the day would end with Cora getting 4 vaccines to try and get her caught up on her immunizations. 

Before arriving Dr. Statler has talked with Dr. Webb and they both agreed that there was another adjustment needed to Cora's medication.  With that knowledge in hand the exam started.  Cora passed her well baby check with "well baby" status.  First time ever I think!

Are you ready for the weight news?  Cora weighs 13 lbs. and 10 ounces!!  Yep, you read it right...that is the heaviest Cora has been since her birth.  She is not only maintaining the weight gains, she is increasing in weight.  "Praise Creator" were the words of choice because I was filled with so much blessing and gratitude at that moment that it was all I could think to say.

I didn't hold Cora for her shots as I have become the safety net for anything "ouchy".  She cried and wiggled, but once the nurse stepped away and she was back in my arms she settled right down.  Then she deliberately looked at the nurses and babbled a few words, said "mama" and buried her head in my shoulder.  Wendy and Sue (the nurses) both agreed that they had just been told off in Cora language.  I have to admit, I thought so too.  (haha).

I am a firm believer in all things for a reason.  I believe that the energy work, the biofeedback work, the medicine adjustments, the doctor visits and everyone working for Cora's survival is being rewarded tenfold. 

So this day brings Cora with a mild fever from the shots and some very "touchy" thighs....but it finds her totally engrossed in her toys and thriving in the love that surrounds her.  Not only the love from me and her siblings, or the love from exteneded family, but also the love from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment