Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cora's weight check

Cora's appointment for her weekly weight check left me again with mixed emotions.  I was so pleased to learn that she isn't losing weight.  But she hasn't gained any weight either.  She still remains at the 13 pounds 4 ounces that she was at last week.

I could be that woman that concentrates at the " not having gained any weight " part.  Yet, like I have written before, I choose to concentrate on the fact that Cora hasn't lost any weight.  This is pretty good I feel because she has had that medicine change in the last week.

She continues to play and laugh.  She continues to interact with joy and fussiness.  She continues to grab for everything in sight and transfer that item from hand to hand.  Cora has even started to try and put things into her mouth once she grabs on to an item. She continues to have a growing appetite.  Cora is starting to sit unassisted in her boppy pillow for two minute intervals before she loses her balance.  All huge successes and growth.

Looking at the past week in this way - I continue to see Cora growing and gaining in so many categories...even if one those isn't in the "pounds" department this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment