Friday, February 10, 2012

Women time

Cora  had lunch with the women today.  She is usually the topic of conversation, but today she was just chillin' in Auntie Lee's arms.  And stayed there for the entire lunch because once Auntie got a hold of her she didn't want to share.

What a blessing for me!  I got to eat my lunch and had desert.  What a blessing for Cora!  She got to spend time with some of her greatest supporters on this journey of hers.  She had lunch time with Auntie Lee, Auntie Kim, GG and mama.  That's pretty good company I think...

I am continually amazed by this baby girl and her ability to adapt and grow.  She was eating bread (with dressing on it) and egg yolks and a had a few bites of cheesecake for desert.  She was keeping it all in her mouth and chewing like a pro.  For me it is so rewarding to see her one day not able to do something, and the next day doing it like she has been for days.  Cora even accomplished sucking from the straw and holding the straw in her mouth.  Once she realized we found it humorous to see the straw sticking out of her mouth she was game to try again and again.

The blessing in lunch today was to witness the softness and love that Cora offers to another woman...without expecting anything in return.  It is like Cora has a sixth sense  and knows when a woman is needing a hug and cuddles.  I am told that she has a way of calming the soul when you hold her and making one feel peaceful.  I have often felt this when holding Cora but have attributed it to a mother's love and bond.   To hear my "heart sisters" tell me that they feel this same gift from Cora that I feel is such a wonderful knowing for me.

 Auntie giving Cora a straw using lesson.

It reassures me that the path we travel is the chosen one.  Now we just have to keep from stumbling along the way.
 Cora after lunch with the women.

No comments:

Post a Comment