Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Double Take

I make it a habit to look in the mirror each morning and greet the day by looking into my eyes and telling myself that I am a beautiful and phenomenal woman.  I tell myself that I am going to help someone today and give what I can of this love that I have inside of me because I am a lovable person and a lovely woman.

Today, while I was working on paperwork, Cora worked her way to the closet mirror and proceeded to gab quite a bit with the baby she found there.  She was all smiles , and cute looks and baby babble.

I watched her and I thought "how wonderful that she finds herself so cute".  I started talking to her and telling her that the baby she was looking at was beautiful and wonderful and smart and loving.  I told her that the baby in the mirror was Cora and Cora is an amazing child that will grow into an amazing woman.  I told her to listen to the baby in the mirror when the world tells her different, because that baby in the mirror is her gift to herself.

Can you look yourself in the eyes in your mirror?  Can you smile and babble cute talk to yourself?
If not, you are missing out on a great blessing.  One that you can give to yourself.  A blessing that no one can take from you and no one else can give to you.

Let Cora give you that gift as she smiles at herself.  Maybe you can even give yourself a little kiss like Cora did to her mirror image.  Because there is no one else like you in the world, and God blessed you with his awesomeness.







No comments:

Post a Comment