Sunday, December 4, 2011

A special treat

Cora has the new schedule of hospital time and has been getting up during the night for feedings.  This doesn't bother me as she needs that extra food right now during her healing time.  It does however make a mama tired.  This apprently hasn't gone unnoticed by my son. 

At 8 am this morning, after my being up twice with Cora during the night, Phoenix heard Cora in my room while he was watching cartoons in the living room.  He came quickly into my room and before I could get out of bed this is what I heard, "Don't worry about it mama.  I will get Cora, you go back to sleep." 

I got a mother's day morning and it wasn't even mother's day.  I told Phoenix how very proud of him I was for this gift and that I loved him.  I also told him he was my favorite son.  He just lughed softly and said, "I know mama" and quietly left the room with Cora in his arms. ((he is my only son and he thinks its so funny when I tell him he is my favorite son))

I laid back down, snuggled under the warm blankets, adjusted my pillow and started to drift off to sleep.  As sleep again found me I smile silently and my last concious thought was...... " I'm not the only one Cora has wrapped around her finger."


 Big brother Phoenix



No comments:

Post a Comment