Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cora declares joy and simplicity

Early On came and left a little yellow chair to practice with.  They want her to get up on her knees more and when placed in this chair backward, with me behind her to help brace her knees, she can raise up on her knees and use her hands to push up her upper body.  Now, for Cora, this was fun!  For the Early On team it was all in a days work. 

They showed her how to do this a couple of times and all of a sudden she was doing it and reaching for toys that were held up to encourage her moving in the right direction.  Cora thought this yellow chair was the absolute most beautiful toy in her whole play yard and the Early On team was kind enough to leave it with me to help Cora gain strength and practice.

To see the most simple of things bring Cora such joy reminds me to look around and find joy in things that I might be taking for granted.  Yes, this past 18 months has been difficult and a huge strain on my finances, but in all we are incredibly lucky.  I still have a roof over our heads, food on the table and heat in the house as the winter fast approaches.  I have a chair to sit in and a table to sit at for meals with my children.  

As I write this today Cora is again in her play yard playing with the yellow chair.  At the moment she has her feet underneath it, her head in the corner of it and she is singing with all the power her lungs can muster.  She likes the echo sound it is making, I like the joy I hear her singing with.  Today Cora's theme is gratitude and joy in the simple things.   What is your theme?  Is it simple and full of gratitude?  If not, let Cora share some of her joy with you....but first you need a chair!!




No comments:

Post a Comment