Monday, September 17, 2012

The Equipt

This one is going to be short today.  Friday found Cora at the pediatrician's office for a check because she had gained 14 ounces of water weight after the last adjustment to her meds.  By Friday she was already losing that water weight, because of one of the medicines being added again to her regime.

During the conversation I voiced having had a moment of questioning during the past week.  A moment of watching Cora struggle and wondering if I had what it takes to make this journey with her.  Sometimes, as her mom, I am filled with that concern.  I think and feel and know that it is a normal emotion ( I have felt it with all my children at some point in their lives ).  Yet, in that moment, when I was feeling that loss of stability and seeing Cora go a little backward, that feeling of  "what now and what next" totally absorbed any amount of positive thinking I could muster.

I later received an email from my friend, Cora's doctor, and I wanted to share the quote with you.  In reading this simple phrase it put it all, once again, in perspective for me.  I hope in sharing this with you today it touches your heart and soul the same way it touched mine.

With feet back on solid ground Cora and I share this with you...

" God does not Equipt the called,,,He calls those that are Equipt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment