Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yoga, Cora style

Since Cora's health has improved a great deal, and I am finally able to get back into some of the things that took a backseat to Cora's care, I started back into the power yoga and the elliptical.

This morning, heavy into the workout and concentrating on balance and the instructor, I hear this little voice penetrate my thoughts.  "Mama, mama, mama" it was saying over and over.  I looked over to see Cora in the downward facing dog position and looking at me to get my attention.  I was so shocked, I fell out of my pose which led to much laughter from Cora and me.


I sometimes forget how Cora is a great mimic of everything.  Sounds, signs and movements.  She watches us and tries to do the same things, and today she was doing advanced power yoga movements, like it was nothing.

An absolute blessing for her is the hyper-extension the third chromosome allows her.  That which Early on has been telling me will be a burden for her ankles, knees and hips was today a blessing in disguise. 

So here is my thought, if she can do yoga it will actually strengthen those tendons and ligaments that are super stretchy.  What a beautiful interaction it offered me and Cora... her in her play yard and me right next to her. 

I love the blessings in disguise that this journey continues to deliver me.  With those blessings I find that thinking out of the box is definitely the way to go, and Yoga for a almost two year old is where the journey took us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment