Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shifting the perspective


I see Cora coming up with new ways of achieving some of the simplest goal. For instance, standing up. She extends her one leg out straight, bends her other knee, draws her other leg in and then stands up while pulling herself up, with every ounce of strength she can muster, with her hands and arms.

Its not the usual way of standing up for a toddler, and it comes at a later time for her than most babies, but she is successful every time she tries to stand up. I think back to my other children and remember trying to help them, over and over again, on standing up. Instead of letting them find their own way, I would interfere and help them. I wonder how often I ended up hindering my children, instead of helping them?

Cora has taught me that she can achieve the goals I set for her, if I allow her the ability to try it her way. She has taught me to not interfere,but rather stand back and watch and encourage. I wait for her to sign "help" before I physically get involved and help her.

How often, I wonder, have I done that in my own life. Instead of taking a step back, waiting and allowing a change to happen, I forced the outcome.

I am so blessed that through a child's perspective, the Creator is opening my eyes to new ways of achieving goals. Cora continues to teach me life lessons and I remain her ever vigilant student.

Are you learning from her as well? Are you becoming a better student of life, rather than a person who forces the outcomes? Today's blog is focused on this question...and as always, Cora and I continue to thank you for following our journey.
 Cora has her own way of falling asleep, and it often happens while she plays with her feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment