Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Maintaining hope

A few days ago, I had a woman ask me how I was handling Cora's new growth.  I answered her, "I am maintaining faith and hope."

Blending my faith, into Cora's recovery, has seemed like a pretty good mixture so far.  It has given me strength, perseverance and persistence.  My belief, and my "we're gonna do this until we get it right" attitude, has definitely been a god send on this journey with Cora.

I see Cora, everyday, show me what faith and perseverance can do for an individual.  She stays focused and keeps trying until she accomplishes the task at hand.  If its playing the same song on a toy over and over until she figures out which button, pushed at a certain time, will change the sound of the music, she sticks with it.  If its placing her feet so she get her knees under her to lift herself up into the standing position, she will move those legs until everything is lined up and then stand.

Cora is a great teacher for me.  I think, at this point in my life, it is such a blessing that I can recognize I am still willing to be a student , as well as her teacher.  What an amazing gift that is, to receive from your child...  Life lessons interchanging between the two of us.

So, yes, I continue to walk this journey in faith and hope...and in the process Cora is teaching me a whole new way of approaching life.


<< temporarily unable to post picture >>

No comments:

Post a Comment