Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cora's rosy cheeks

Cora is changing as the days goes by.  Her new found energy and enthusiasm for life totally astounds me.  many things that Cora never had the coordination for are now just another thing she does in a days time.

Take lunch with GG today.  Walk into the restaurant and the waitress asks me "do you need a high chair?"  Usually the answer is "No thank you." because Cora doesn't have the balance or ability to sit in one of the wooden high chairs that restaurants provide.  This time I said, "Yes, lets try it today."  Well, put Cora into the high chair and she sat in it, with a ramrod straight little back, like she has been sitting in this kind of high chair for months now.  Amazing!

Today when her brother Phoenix was getting a massage to ease the hurting neck from basketball practice, she was army crawling on Auntie Diane's office floor.  Diane then got a yoga mat out that had images people doing yoga poses on it and put it on the floor for Cora.  Cora started wrestling....yes, wrestling..., with this yoga mat and finally got it over her head.  She spun around under it and looked out at us with a huge smile and lots of baby babble.  She looked like she was a Yogi in a tent and teaching us a lesson about life.

I watch my baby girl changing and getting bigger and stronger everyday and while I again pay homage to the Reliv products that are enabling her body to heal itself, I also say a quick prayer of gratitude to my Creator.  I look at her with the rosey cheeks from her effort of playing and I think of the flower she is blossoming into.  She used to be this tightly shut flower bud, that was week on its stem and looked as those the slightest wind would  knock her down.  Now , this little bud is blooming into a beautiful and strong rosy cheeked child. 

Reminds me of a blog a few blogs ago when I asked you if you were holding on to something that might be dropping you?  It caught me today, that I need to not hold onto the "Cora doesn't have the strength for that" protection and drop that habit before it drops Cora into a flower that doesn't bloom quite as bright as it is meant too.  I have to continue to trust in this part of her healing process.  After all, I don't know what Cora's purpose is in this life.  That's a secret that she and creator are still keeping to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment