Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cora wakes up

Early-on came today....and yep I forgot.  Cora was napping away and I was walking into the kitchen when the alarm on my cell phone let me know we had an appointment.  I looked at it to see that
 Early-on was coming and then looked out the window to see the two women walking towards the house.  OOps!!

Well, it worked out because they were getting the evaluation part of the testing done before the meeting next Friday with all of the Early-on crew for Cora's goals and planning for the coming six months so they didn't need Cora to do a bunch of therapy work.  I woke Cora up and she was a real trooper.  For a baby that had a 40 minute nap (the usual is 3 hours) she was all game to try and show off her new skills.

When all was said and done, they figure Cora is at the 6 - 8 month old age category for physical abilities and that verbally she is at the 10 - 12 month old category.  Despite the fact that Cora has Down syndrome and the charts are different for her, I felt this was all some very positive news. 

Yeah for Cora waking up happy from a nap, because this was much needed positive news,
 and it was definately worth cutting a nap short for that kind of news.

No comments:

Post a Comment