Sunday, October 30, 2011

Things that make you go...hmmmmm

I was taking another picture of Cora yesterday.  One that shows how she is able to sit in her activity seat and how much she loves it.  We have to place blankets around her to keep her stable, but the smile on her face makes it all worthwhile.  I was in the process of taking her picture when Kelsey (my 21 yr. old) asked me if I would take a picture of her and Cora Jean.

Normally, this would not have been a surprise request from one of the other children, but the request coming from Kelsey did indeed surprise.  You see, when I was pregnant with Cora, Kelsey would constantly remind me that she was not going to do anything with the new baby.  That she didn't like babies and didn't like all the crying.  So in short....please don't ask me to do anything with Cora Jean when she gets here. (Kelsey's words)

Some of you might be thinking "how incredibly rude" about Kelsey.  Let me remind you that she has been through three other siblings (babies) before Cora Jean and she has definitely had her share of whining, crying, snotty noses and dirty diapers.  I did not in least become offended by Kelsey's statement of Independence and just would smile and hug her and tell her, "Ok Kels." I understood it from Kelsey's perspective.

But this statement to have her picture taken with Cora Jean really took me back and gave me an "ah ha" moment.

Kelsey does indeed do a great amount with Cora Jean and is very protective of our little Cora Jean. Kelsey will change diapers (yep even poopy ones), feed her, hold her and rock her, play with her, etc.  I find that Cora Jean is already teaching everyone in this little family a great deal about life and life lessons.  She has just accomplished in teaching Kelsey, without any spoken words, that sometimes our biggest "WONT DO'S" will turn into our greatest  and most wonderful "WILL DO's".

No comments:

Post a Comment