Friday, August 24, 2012

Cora's Heart

Today Cora and I traveled to Cheboygan and then to Petoskey for her appointments.  The appointment at her pediatric cardiologist went VERY well.  I took Cora there in good spirits and with optimistic feelings of success.  I left in great spirits and a heart filled with continued gratitude.

Here's the scoop:
Cora's regurge is still at mild to moderate, but the left ventricle and left atrium are now a normal size and match in size to her height and weight.  While the regurge is still a concern, there is no surgery in the immediate future for Cora.  ( inserting another prayer of gratitude here ).  Dr. Webb felt that we can be less cautiously optimistic and more optimistic after seeing Cora for herself and viewing the echo cardiogram and EKG.  While she is still concerned that the weight gain is an early sign of heart failure ( this according to Cora's past history ) she is certain enough that the progress is good and that Cora shouldn't need another surgery for awhile.  ( OK, inserting a few words of gratitude again !)

I left with instructions to adjust Cora's medicine again and continue on with the Reliv for Cora.
I also left with huge smiles and laughter on my heart.

Cora's additional milestones from the last listing :

she is signing 13 words
she is verbalizing 4 words
she sits, lie downs and crawls quicker than you can catch her sometimes
she tries to open and close doors when in your arms
she talks to anyone that makes eye contact (and if she doesn't, take her cue and go the other way)
she can put signs together to make a two or three word sentence
she thrives with energy work, chiropractic care and RELIV
she hugs when she is glad to see you
she tries to give kisses by rubbing her head against your forehead
she is pointing to things that interest her
she is mimicking everything you do

I am sure there are probably a few more that I have forgotten, but y'all get the picture.  This baby girl is thriving and exploring life in all the ways that she can.  The other day she snuck out of her barrier in the living room and came into the kitchen with her army crawl.  I was doing dishes, engrossed in my thoughts, and all of a sudden there was a cute little "mama" and when I looked around here was Cora peering at me around the corner of  the kitchen cupboard.  Then she laughed and laughed when she saw how surprised I was! 

Yes, life is good with Cora and finally full of much laughter.  Today it was filled with laughter from all the nurses in Dr. Webb's office who have come to love and cherish little Miss Cora. A  laughter filled with gratitude that Miss Cora is doing well and got two thumbs up today.  There were many congrats on our way out the door, and many hugs too. 

I felt like royalty who had just won another jackpot! I think Cora even did a princess wave as I pushed her carriage down the hallway. haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment